Sunday 20 October 2013

I hope my blog will help some single moms feel that it is not a scary place to raise a child by themselves. I am not going to give wisdom or pointers, unless asked, but my experience of raising children by myself. I have 3 children and 2 of them I was married to their dad until they were older, like 11 and 13. I also have a daughter who is 11 now and I have raised her as a single mom since she was born. Her dad was helpful abit for 6 years then I married him now we are not. I could tell you it was easy raising my daughter but I won't cause some days were great and some were not. I could give you insight as to the trick of keeping your sanity when they are crying at 3 am and you have no clue what to do but i can't. Being a single mom is hard but wonderful cause if you think about it you don't have that other person telling you "you put the diaper on wrong and he doesn't even know where the diapers are in the room". I am only here to say that once they look at you for the first time and smile that's all worth it, the first step you get to see. All the firsts are yours to savor and of course the dreaded flu, diarehha, runny nose, and chicken pox. Chicken pox was my all time favorite so far. Vanessa had the chicken pox when she was around 2 years old and I soaked her in the tub with aveena oatmeal bath stuff. It worked for the amount of time she was in there but after she dried off all it did was make her smell like yucky oatmeal, which is my favorite smell in the whole wide world. I then coated her with calamine lotion which then she looked like the pepto bismol girl, but the worst part for her was that she had marks on her bum and for her to relieve them she slid on the carpet like a dog with worms. It was so funny that I let her do that until she got up, my best part of it. Yes, I know bad mom but after all the times she was up at 3am crying cause it itched that was my relief. Lol...

Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Kids are the hardest job in the world - even when they're coated in pink goo!
    Loving the blog - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete